Monday, January 15, 2007

Avoiding Future Bridezilla Moments

Well, they say it's all in the planning, and I hope "they" are right.

So far I have ordered my dress. I originally said I didn't want a wedding dress per se, and went out looking at bridesmaid's dresses to be worn as a wedding dress. Nothing really took my fancy. However, I must've been looking at the right time, as it seems it sale time on wedding dresses, so I tried a couple on, just out of curiosity. And there went the original idea, right out the window. I ended up ordering the complete bridal catastrophe; ivory, strapless, big skirt, embroidery, beading, boning, etc. It's supposed to come in some time in April, and I can't wait.

Meantime, back in WA, dad has booked the reception venue, is still canvassing caterers and meeting with photographers. I have to contact the celebrant some time this week and make arrangements for that.

So, I'm madly thinking about working on toning up my bingo wings and moving a little bit of weight to look good on the day. We've sorted our guest list, and I've been researching flowers, hairstyles and bonbonierre.

It's all systems go.

5 comments:

XX LIFE IS PAIN XX said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Steph said...

Awesome! Ohh how i love a wedding. I've helped organise two for my friends and it was a nightmare both times, the day itself though was great.

You're gonna stress much in the next few months. I suggest investing in Valium now.

Cazzie!!! said...

So your wedding is to be in WA? How lovely if it is :)
The hardest part is over now then, the guest list that is.
Your dress sounds devine :)

phishez said...

Sounds like a bea-UTI-ful dress. I can't wait for the photos

Jules said...

When are you getting married? Ours is on the 29th Sept this year and I have some bingo batwings to get rid of too. My trial is on Thursday night!!

My daughter has nut allergies and it is not a nice thing to have to deal with but the thing that fucks me off is the other people that know she has allergies but swing around home offering her stuff when they haven't checked the ingredients or manufacturing details.

I suggest Bach flowers Vervain and Mimulus for the pre wedding jitters. Worked a treat for my sister and hopefully is going to work a treat for me too.