Saturday, December 30, 2006

The More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same

Well, what an eventful Christmas. Bloke lovingly proposed. I accepted. It was all very romantic.

I rang my best friend to ask if she would be my bridesmaid, and she was over the moon. Maybe I just caught her at a bad moment last time? I dunno, but she definitely sounded different this time.

So, my parents have gone into "Stealth Wedding Planner" mode. Dad's booked the caterer, mum's running around organising marquees and somesuch, future sister in laws are organising flowers and bonboniere, future parents in law are organising alchohol. I have to say I really appreciate their help, as the wedding will be back home in WA, and we live in Victoria, so a lot of time will be spent on teh intarwebs researching bits and pieces.

Anyway, short post this time. Trust you are keeping well, Santa was good to you, and you have a good New Year. Ciao for now.

11 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

CONGRATULATIONS :) Most people get jack of their soon-to-be-rellos organising their wedding for them, but, it is a good thing. It saves your energy to do the better things, like looki mfor lovely dresses, or materials :)

hawkeye23 said...

That's my theory too Caz, and thanks for your well wishes. Mum and dad have been given an outline of what we want. They're happy to go with that, so if it reduces my stress, I'm all for it.

Martie said...

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

It sounds like the wedding is soon though? Regardless - what a great family pulling everything together for you.

Happy New Year too!

hawkeye23 said...

Thanks martie, yes, the wedding will be soonish (Oct 27th), and my family and Bloke's have just been fabulous.

Happy New Year to you, too.

Mars said...

congrats, that's awesome!

hawkeye23 said...

Thanks for your well wishes, mars.

BEVIS said...

Can I just say ... oh, what was it again? ... oh yeah, that's right ...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Such wonderful news! Well done to Bloke and I'm happy things are okay again with your bestie.

This is such an exciting time! Enjoy every minute of it.

x

hawkeye23 said...

Thanks bevis. How's wifey and sweetums going?

Steph said...

Congrats hun. That's awesome news!

hawkeye23 said...

Thanks Steph. How's the injuries healing?

phishez said...

Congratulations. Excellent blogfodder there. You must tell us more. I-want-to-know-where-the-cotton-in-your-tablecloths-was-grown type more.