Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Random Nothingness

Well, our weekend was predictably blissful and relaxing, apart from being hit on the head by random clumps of clay at the Speedway on Saturday night. Bloke thought it was quite a joke, and wanted me to let him use my cameraphone to take a photo of my misfortune. However, since said phone was ensconced under 14 layers of clothes, and it was colder than the dark side of Pluto, there was no way I was letting any cold air in to get the phone out.

I cooked the spaghetti bolognaise, like the good woman I am. It was very nice, and I even had enough left over for lunch for myself the next day.

Our friends' horse ran 4th in the Sale Cup, but had drawn the widest barrier, so it was a pretty good result.

My major win of the weekend was going into Officeworks and getting a generic brand printer cartridge. This thing is so wonderful I want to marry it. I printed an A4 size photo of Bloke and myself, and this cartridge printed as well as a proper photo; I was so impressed I went out and bought a frame and put the photo on the top of the bookshelf in the loungeroom for all to see.

Anyway, hoping for another quietish weekend again this weekend. We'll see how we go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: Bloke's tax return has come through, so we're off to the shops tonight to buy the following, which will replace the dresser I've had since I was 8 years old, and doesn't match anything else in our room. Huzzah!!!!


Do you think it will fit in the boot of a VS Commodore, or are we kidding ourselves?

3 comments:

Steph said...

Melbs is THE place to be this time of year.

Lucky girl!

Cazzie!!! said...

I say you were probably kidding yourself there , need to rent a trailor :) Lovely setting I have gotta say. I am after a small dressing table for my daughter for xmas, you know the kind with the little mirror on it? I am also going to get a stool and put a fluffy cover on it..in blue her fav color :)
So, if you marry the printer who will be the bestman? THe computer, LOL.

hawkeye23 said...

cazzie, it seems that Fantastic Furniture don't open on a Thursday evening, so I'll have to have a look this evening.

A trailer would be an option if Bloke had've had the foresight to install a towbar on the VS Bombadore. Now it'll be a situation of squeeze the bugger in, or pay for delivery.