Thursday, October 26, 2006

Anticipating an Old Fart's Weekend

Bloke and I were discussing the impending weekend last night. Consensus was reached that a quiet weekend was very much in order, as we had being going full bore (keep your minds above your navels) since the start of the footy season until now.

So, the weekend plan is very quiet, and long overdue. We are going to get the car serviced, possibly see a movie while the car is in The Place, have a quiet Saturday afternoon bumming around the house, or heading to the TAB for a punt on the Cox Plate, before heading down the highway to Avalon for the speedway.

Bloke is almost having kittens about the speedway. He's so excited. He's researched it to within an inch of its life. I just hope he's not disappointed.

I am sleeping in on Sunday, come hell or high water, and will be spring cleaning for the rest of the day. Bloke has requested spaghetti bolognaise for Sunday dinner, so I spose I should do the right thing and oblige.

What day do we have to roll the clocks forward for Daylight Saving? I forget....

4 comments:

Dirk said...

So, real speedway or cars?

Steph said...

I have no idea about the stupid daylight savings thing. I'll ring 1194 in the morning to find out what time it is :P

Trundling Grunt said...

round here you just missed it. Indiana moved forward to the 21st century. Just.

hawkeye23 said...

dirk, sprintcars. The little cars with the wing-y things on top. Damn, it was cold. Colder than the dark side of Pluto. I don't think I've ever been so cold.

Steph, thanks for your help, I think we worked it out.

trundling grunt, great name, and welcome.