Friday, October 13, 2006

Pay Day - The Happiest and Saddest Day of Them All

I get paid monthly, and I have to tell you, it sucks big hairy balls. I hope none of you have to endure monthly pay.

It's just not right. You get to be rich for an hour, maybe two if you're lucky. You get to work, log onto your interweb banking, pay all your bills, then you're broke for the rest of the month. It's cruel. Surely it wouldn't be too difficult, in this modern day and age, to do fortnightly pay. Is there some sort of advantage for my employer in only paying once a month? I just don't get it.

Oh for the days when I was a young checkout chick and got paid real folding cash every Thursday *sighs wistfully*.

6 comments:

cassino said...

I got paid monthly when I worked in the UK for about ten months there. Was especially hard because I was in the whole 'go out to the pub every Friday and have trips to Europe every couple of months' autopilot setting.

I look back and wonder how I managed to afford it - especially that last week before the payday hit.

Martie said...

I get paid fornightly - although I'm even finding that hard coming off the back of WEEKLY pay.

However, employers will use monthly pay because they are able to earn more interest on the money, and 'apparently' it helps them with their tax.

hawkeye23 said...

martie, employers shit me. I got paid on Friday, now I'm "budgeting" for the next 4 and a half weeks. It sucks balls.

Mars said...

Weekly pay is the best. You get paid weekly if you do temp work.. but pretty much everywhere else pays fortnightly or monthly. I still find fortnightly hard, to be honest...

I guess with monthly pay, you just use your credit card for everything and then pay it off. That's shit... they shaft you whatever happens.

Steph said...

Monthly pay here too. It sucks hard.
The day before payday i'm wiping my arse with newspaper and drinking milk from a can.

well not really, but i'm broke as fuck.

hawkeye23 said...

I guess that I'm lucky in that if I get caught short, Bloke can spot me some cash to see me through, but I still hate asking him to help me. Then he gets angry at my reluctance and meh. MONTHLY PAY BLOWS.